March 2014: The Children Are Tender

Caregiving, teaching little kids to read, and riding in the pickup with Farmer John; I tweet, pin, and blog, from my home in rural Kansas. If you've landed here looking for information about my books, visit my author's page by clicking this link: Amazon.com/Linda A. Born. Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, July 14, 2024

2024 so far

2024 has been a little bit hard but also blessed. 

I had a terrible fall on icy front steps on January 9, and have been recuperating since.  And then I came down with some sort of mono- like virus or immune response that kept me feeling ill for about 6 weeks.  As of this writing I'm still dealing with the lingering effects of this sickness and with residual hip pain from the fall.  The Lord has promised healing and restoration, and I have placed my trust in Him.  

In March we celebrated our 50th anniversary with a family dinner and a card shower, which was all I felt up for.  Melinda says we can have a party for our 55th.  


Brian and Melinda celebrated their 20th anniversary March 27.  Our 50th was fun and blessed with the kids delivering supper and a beautiful cake.  Thank You Lord for 50 years of marriage!  

John's mother had cancer surgery on April 30 and the very next day, May 1, 2024, his dad, John E. Born, went home to be with the Lord. 

We miss him.  


Here is Johnnie with his oldest grandson, Daniel, in 2011.  

We look forward to joyful days ahead as grandchild #6 will make her debut in late October or early November this year!  

We are grateful for God's abiding presence with us all the days of our lives, and for the eternal hope we have through Christ. Father, thank You for walking with us. We love You and praise Your Name! 


No comments:

Post a Comment