We received 3.5" of snow on January 1. A video taken that day shows the grandboys and their parents having a snowball fight on the hill above our house. Food prepared in January included potato soup, homemade pizza, homemade vegetable soup, stew, cinnamon rolls, roast, sloppy joe, homemade spaghetti sauce, morning glory muffins, lasagna, and a pasta/chicken dish.
I painted the woodwork in the family room and the kitchen island. Brian and Mindy began remodeling their bathroom. In national news, the horrible storming of our nation's capitol by radical Trump supporters happened on January 6.
The grandboys built this snowman, and Grammy added the embellishments.
This is Ina Garten's morning glory muffin recipe but I committed the sacrilege of cutting down the amounts of oil and sugar the original recipe called for--they were still good just not as good, I'm certain, as Ina's.
My friend Debbie and I went through Jacquie Lawson's advent calendar together -- and what a blessing those daily communique's about the new treasures we found were during this year of Covid.
The 2020 advent calendar them was Nordic, and gnomes such as this one Debbie gifted me were plentiful. So nice to have this guy as a memory of this special blessing we shared.
Loved this walk on the Hill with my daughter and her boys.
So many beautiful sunrises and sunsets in January.
And here we are, walking up on the hill, enjoying the sunset shown below...
I liked the way the island turned out and bought colorful braided rugs to celebrate.




No comments:
Post a Comment