Both our oldest grandsons went on successful turkey hunts on April 3. I watched the youngest grandson while our daughter worked at our church's annual Easter carnival.
On Easter Sunday afternoon (April 4) I put 3 pies in the freezer anticipating our planned family gathering on the 17th. I baked a turkey and froze the carved bird in broth. I do holiday meals in advance, freezing everything that is possible to be frozen, including the mashed potatoes. The broth basted turkey tastes better than ones I've baked on the day of a gathering in the past.
On the 17th we had our family Easter gathering. I always fill Easter eggs with quarters and the occasional dollar bill and the grands search for their own color coded eggs. They open small gifts and stuffed animals from their Easter baskets then run outside, as the weather allows for the egg hunt.
During the pandemic we have eaten out rarely, so when our neighbors, Dana and Lynna, dropped by to bring us KFC and a gallon of Brahms ice cream, we REALLY enjoyed the treat. They wanted to express appreciation to John for his help with burning pastures.
We spent our first evening with dear friends Jim and Myrna in over a year on Saturday evening the 24th; we are all now fully vaccinated.
On Sunday, April 25, Brian's dad, Roger, passed away. We are sad for our grandboys in their loss of their Grandpa Roger, and we love and are praying for Brian and his sister, Sara. We attended Roger's funeral on the 30th.
What's more fun than watching a five year old girl in pink boots and hat, splashing in an April puddle?
Top leftt; I ordered spring bulbs and planted them last fall and sure enjoyed the show. I am not usually much one for yard art, but made an exception for Shaun the Sheep, a favorite of the grands. Bottom left: with perhaps a too easy access to Amazon.com, I ordered this cute owl. I love him, but the grandkids are dubious. "Where's his other wing?" asked one of the five year olds.




No comments:
Post a Comment