March 2014: The Children Are Tender

Caregiving, teaching little kids to read, and riding in the pickup with Farmer John; I tweet, pin, and blog, from my home in rural Kansas. If you've landed here looking for information about my books, visit my author's page by clicking this link: Amazon.com/Linda A. Born. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Catching Up--February 2021

 It snowed about two inches on February 6 and was COLD!  The pandemic was still keeping us distanced from most family gatherings but we stayed connected via Facetime and Marco Polo.  I painted the cupboards in the upstairs bathroom, painted the walls white, and painted the old peach grout white.  What a difference!  

We didn't gather for Valentine's Day but I delivered heart shaped cupcakes to the local grands and mailed our granddaughter a Care Bear.  On the 14th it was just 2º out in the morning but -5º and windy by bedtime.  The morning of February 16 it was -17.4º.  

My good friend, Denise, fell and broke her hip February 18.  

Throughout the month I made and shared homemade bread, chicken and noodles, bbq chicken legs, grilled chicken breasts, bbq beef pizza, pies, and beef & noodles.

Grandson Daniel became a teenager this month.  I cannot believe it!!!  
White walls, getting rid of the peach grout and, and painting the cupboards blue helped this little bathroom to look SO much better.  

I felt so sorry for these deer who appeared in our driveway the morning of the extremely bitter cold.  I called John to bring some corn chop for them but they were gone by the time he arrived.  


We had lots of fun with Facetime calls and I often read books to the grands on Marco Polo.  


No comments:

Post a Comment