We became grandparents for the fifth time in January. Our daughter-in-law had cholestasis of pregnancy and so many many prayers surrounded the last weeks of gestation and our lovely Kathryn Rose Born's birth. She is beautiful and perfect and her momma came through fine as well. Thank You, Lord!
At left, Rebekah is proclaiming truth to her mother: "I am the angel, Gabriel, and you shall have a daughter!!!"
As I sent out prayer requests to various people, one friend texted me and said, "Linda, on Jon and Nic's Christmas card I noticed there is a perfect shape of a dove on the sonogram photo..." And sure enough, the blessed sign of the Holy Spirit shows clearly and provided reassurance of the Lord's protective power over Kathryn and her mother.
Jon and Nic chose a mountain and forest animal theme for the pretty nursery they decorated for Kathryn. Note that the paper plates say, "BORN to move mountains..." :-).
One of the last photos of Jonathan, Nicole, and Rebekah as a family of three.
We loved spending time with Rebekah while her Mom and Dad were busy at the hospital bringing Kathryn into the world. On the morning of the 26th there was a beautiful sunrise. When we picked Bekah up after school she said, "Grammy, I kept those colors in my head all day long." And when we got home she used colored pencils to recreate the morning's scene.
On the morning of Kathryn's birth, it snowed! Rebekah looked out the window and saw a bright cardinal, and hurried for her colored pencils to draw the picture at left from life. The devotion in 100 Days that Melinda and I landed on the morning of Kathryn's birth coincidentally included the meaningful snippet above.
Left: One of their first photos as a family of four! And the first photo of Grammy and Poppy with grandchild #5. Welcome to the world precious Kathryn Rose!






No comments:
Post a Comment