March 2014: The Children Are Tender

Caregiving, teaching little kids to read, and riding in the pickup with Farmer John; I tweet, pin, and blog, from my home in rural Kansas. If you've landed here looking for information about my books, visit my author's page by clicking this link: Amazon.com/Linda A. Born. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, February 3, 2023

Looking Back October 2022

 














Blast from the past--three year old Daniel in one of my all time favorite October photos.  


On October 1 I made a huge pot of stew to share and John worked on the brakes of the truck we call "The Trilobyte" (because when we bought it, used, there was a sticker of a fossil on the back window that I said was a trilobyte).  

We watched the Chief's game with the Rausch family on the 2nd, and that was an experience!  So much fun--the boys jumped up and played football at every commercial break, and there were touchdown dances!  

John began hauling cattle to the Emporia sale on October 4th.  

October 15th was cattle moving day.  I had the kids here for chili and cinnamon rolls. I had a migraine aura and then a headache and so couldn't participate in the cattle drive.  

I made a Pioneer woman gift basket for the UMW auction.,  

The little boys were here for lunch on the 26th.  

Had my annual physical in Topeka on the 27th.  

We celebrated Isaac and Jonathan's birthdays on October 22 with the very last roast in the freezer until we butcher in March.  

Jon and Nic here for lunch on the 29th on their way to see Lyle Lyle Crocodile!  

I made chili and cinnamon rolls and took to Brian and Melinda's for Halloween.  Jon and Nic did Trunk or Treat at their church with truly amazing costumes (see above).  

October food, in part:  
  • Stew
  • Apple pie
  • Meatloaf
  • 2 batches cookies
  • 2 batches of chili
  • Cinnamon swirl bread
  • Cinnamon rolls
  • Homemade pizza
  • 5 pounds of seasoned hamburger for the freezer
  • Made cookies
  • 2 gallons (!) of vegetable soup 
  • 2 loaves homemade bread

No comments:

Post a Comment