A favorite flashback photo of Nicole with Rebekah in her K-State cheer uniform, above right.
The Fillmores had gatherings at the beginning of this month. John attended alone as I'm no longer up to date with Covid vaccinations because of my response to the booster last April. The Rausch family went down with another round of colds and so I sent meatloaf, melon, rolls and cookies for supper for them on the 6th.
Our new grandchild is a baby girl named Kathryn Rose, due in February. I made her Christmas stocking on the 15th!
We had a family supper here on the 10th and Bekah spent the afternoon on the 14th. Nicole flew to L.A. via a Phoneix layover on the 20th. Everyone but Nic was here to celebrate Brian's birthday on the 24th. Jon and Bekah spent the night and attended church with Bri & Mel. Nic arrived home from CA on the afternoon of the 24th.
Daniel didn't have school on the 26th and so I had Mel and the boys out for spaghetti and meatballs. Gorgeous fall morning; 47 degrees out when I got up.
On the 28th we learned of multiple health problems for our kids including cataracts and high cholesterol, and that Nicole has placenta previa. Prayers begin going up!
My eye remained painful and exhaustion was constant (it improved in November with adjustment of thyroid meds).
John finished combining corn on September 29. I had my last appointment with Dr. Rettig on September 30. The vitreous has detached further, but the back of my eye is A.O.K.
Some of the food made for the freezer and for family meals this month:
- Homemade ketchup
- Homemade pizza
- Salisbury steaks
- Froze and ate lots of pesto
- Brisket
- Meatballs
- Browned 2 lbs seasoned hamburger for freezer (I actually boil it with chopped onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. A higher amount of the fat drains away with the water, and the seasonings add flavor. We can't tell the difference from skillet-browned).
- Meatloaf
- Brisket
- Potato casserole
- 1 peach pie
- 1 cherry pie
- Birthday cake for Brian






No comments:
Post a Comment