March 2014: The Children Are Tender

Caregiving, teaching little kids to read, and riding in the pickup with Farmer John; I tweet, pin, and blog, from my home in rural Kansas. If you've landed here looking for information about my books, visit my author's page by clicking this link: Amazon.com/Linda A. Born. Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, December 12, 2021

July, 2021 Catching Up

 





Our July was fun but the shadow of John's supposed cancer dx cast a pall over our celebrations. The photo of Isaac was taken on his Great Grandma Irma's 4th of July float, which depicted an old fashioned Christmas morning.  Her first idea was for Isaac to be unwrapping a live puppy or kitten but she settled, with disappointment, for a stuffed animal when the live animal option was thoroughly nixed by Isaac's concerned momma.  The float took first prize!  Irma celebrated her 93rd birthday July 3.  

Family meals this month included a bbq chicken supper to celebrate Logan's 9th birthday, and a gathering to celebrate John Edgar's 69th birthday (roast, mashed potatoes and gravy).  I made several pints of plum jelly from the fruit on the little tree in our side yard.  Other culinary endeavors were mango chicken, grilled bbq chicken thighs, chicken noodle soup, and chicken salad (we really do still have beef in the freezer).  I made supper for Melinda's family on the 26th, 27th, and 28th as she was very sick with a summer cold (Covid test negative).  I made several freezer meals to have on hand.  

On the 30th we saw the ostomy nurse to prepare John Edgar for his worse case scenario; not a happy day.  Since I am writing these summaries after the fact, I will record the happy end to this story; John's surgery on August 5 was able to be done by the least invasive method, the biopsies were all negative and, in fact, the mass had disappeared.  The surgeon said, "I guess it probably sloughed away after the extensive biopsies I did earlier. I am positive I was in the right place."  

I replied, "Or, we had a lot of people praying so maybe that was it."  

"Maybe so," he answered.  

He did another diagnostic test 3 weeks later to be positive everything was clear, and it was.  

Blessed be the name of the Lord!  


No comments:

Post a Comment