![]() |
| Decorations from Saturday's book signing--I particularly loved that copy of an ancient basal reader, The Story Road, that topped the decorative stack of books in the foreground. |
I want to do a good job promoting my book, really I do; but I honestly am uncertain of the best way to begin making those connections that seem to be so vital in the book publishing world today. I find it disconcerting that all of these marketing strategies I'm trying to learn to utilize take time and creative energy away from the writing/caregiving/grandmothering/farming that my life is truly about nowadays.
My creative muse is fed by time on the farm with my husband, John, but the stress of preparing for a recent book signing took me away from farm excursions and chores for two weeks. As I fielded emails from my publisher, composed news releases, and set up for the book signing I felt fragmented and stressed. It reminded me of a scene from the final Twilight movie. Newly transformed Bella is being instructed on how to act like a human. She receives so many instructions from so many people that she ends up looking somewhat like a comic book character as she follows each command in quick succession.
That's how I feel.
I'm praying today for wisdom about how to allot my daily writing time efficiently!

No comments:
Post a Comment