March 2014: The Children Are Tender

Caregiving, teaching little kids to read, and riding in the pickup with Farmer John; I tweet, pin, and blog, from my home in rural Kansas. If you've landed here looking for information about my books, visit my author's page by clicking this link: Amazon.com/Linda A. Born. Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

April, 2022

Once in awhile I catch a photo that reminds me of the kids' growing up years. Melinda wasn't actually responding to her brother, here (lower right) but it looks like she was in the photo, and I couldn't resist.  


Upper left--I was on a walk up on the hill and caught a photo of this pasture fire (controlled burn) that looked a little different than usual with the setting sun behind it. Lower left: Wait'll you see how these tiny little flowers ended up overflowing this bed.  In July's post, I'll include a photo of them side by side with how they look at this writing.  


Here are the grandkids opening their Easter baskets.  


Far left: I get such a kick out of this photo of Rebekah--I have one someplace of Mindy sporting exactly the same braid.   Bekah's mommy did this braid for her...but as I look at it I have such a sense of deja vu that I feel I was the hair stylist myself!!!  Upper right--a friend posted a pineapple bunny like this on FB and I replicated it for our Easter dinner.  Lower right--lovin' Isaac's gap-toothed grin!!  


Rebekah did a great job decorating cookies for Easter.  Top right shows the deck decor for this season and lower right are bunny cupcakes that were Ester dessert.  Some of them look more like kittens than bunnies but oh well.  



 Family photos from the month--daughter-in-law Nicole missed getting into one of my photo frames this month so I'll fast forward to Jon and Nic's family vacation in July and include a borrowed photo--they had a beautiful time.  


We got Covid boosters in Emporia on Friday, April 1.  On the 9th I had a rosacea flare on my left cheek and neck.  On the 11th I had a spontaneous bleed on my right hand between the knuckles (swoll grotesquely with trapped blood) and went to the R.R.  

Watched Bekah on the 15th, prepped and served a lovely Easter gathering on the 17th.  

I developed odd eye symptoms and saw Ester Rettig on the 23rd.  Veil over right eye and increased floaters. Repeated eye exams finally revealed a partial vitreous detachment which may be the reason for the visual disturbance, or maybe chronic migraine is to blame.  

Nicole's beloved corgi, Addy, died on April 30th.  

No comments:

Post a Comment