March 2014: The Children Are Tender

Caregiving, teaching little kids to read, and riding in the pickup with Farmer John; I tweet, pin, and blog, from my home in rural Kansas. If you've landed here looking for information about my books, visit my author's page by clicking this link: Amazon.com/Linda A. Born. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

January 2022



I bought this platter for just $9 online and had no idea how big it was!  But, I found a home for it atop our cupboards. 

A funny coincidence this month--I made a chocolate cake on what turned out to be National Chocolate Cake day.  Maybe I picked up the suggestion subliminally!!!  I hadn't made a chocolate cake in years and had a sudden craving.  


Quality time with Bekah Roo this month, how we love this girl.  


Communicating via Marco Polo and Facetime has been such a blessing during the pandemic.  Isaac lost a tooth this month!  


Melinda was so good about sending me photos of these precious grandboys. They had one virus after another in January culminating with Covid, and so we haven't gotten to spend time with them under the same roof since Christmas.  


Snow and cold temperatures this month.  Bottom right, a craft project Rebekah and I did together.  I sent the idea to Melinda and she and the grandboys completed similar marshmallow snowflakes.  

<><

 January 1st and 2nd were very cold days, low of 2, high of 10.  I spent a lot of time doing end of year bookwork this month, and almost as much time cooking.  We really enjoyed the Chief's game on the 8th--what a last minute nail biter!  

Mel and Bri's family were sick with one virus after another all month culminating with all five family members being diagnosed with Covid; our nephew and brother-in-law were also both quite ill with Covid.  Of the grandboys Logan was sickest, but even so, was only really worrisomely ill for two days; we are so grateful he had been vaccinated. I delivered meals to Bri and Mel's during the week of the 24th when they were all feeling poorly. Daughter Melinda is still suffering come and go symptoms and tiredness at this writing (February 16).  John and I have stayed well.  

It snowed on the 14th.  

We got to spend several days with Rebekah this month, even an overnighter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment