I went for a walk about 5 or so this
evening, and shadows were lengthening. I
tried in vain to capture the beauty with photos, but the digitized version
provided just a dim copy of what my eyes could see.
Sunlight glittered from cottonwood leaves as though they were mirrored liquid. Dragonflies swooped and soared across the road in front of me, catching motes of light and reflecting sunbeam-filtered prisms from their wings. The light itself seemed living and moving, ahead of me, around me. The air was heavy with a scent of lush green from an August during which heavy rain and leaf-crushing hail have fallen. Yes, I found joy in this walk.
Sunlight glittered from cottonwood leaves as though they were mirrored liquid. Dragonflies swooped and soared across the road in front of me, catching motes of light and reflecting sunbeam-filtered prisms from their wings. The light itself seemed living and moving, ahead of me, around me. The air was heavy with a scent of lush green from an August during which heavy rain and leaf-crushing hail have fallen. Yes, I found joy in this walk.




No comments:
Post a Comment