Between 10 a.m. yesterday and 10 a.m. today, we received 4 inches of rain. The ground was already saturated, and this rain came fast at times. There are flood warnings throughout the area with more rain in the forecast.
But this afternoon, the sun came out. I pulled on my mud boots and took a short walk down to the flooded lake east of our house.
It is a muddy, now-sunny, rain-washed and blustery world here, but I truly wouldn't trade it for all the joys Disney has to offer.
![]() |
| The cattle were curious and did not bolt, even though we just released them into this pasture a few days ago. |
![]() |
| This lake floods the roadbed every spring, but it is a few feet higher than usual today. |
![]() |
| I waded out into the flooded lake and turned to take John's photo--and this was the exact moment that I realized that my left mud boot has a pretty serious leak. |



No comments:
Post a Comment