March 2014: The Children Are Tender

Caregiving, teaching little kids to read, and riding in the pickup with Farmer John; I tweet, pin, and blog, from my home in rural Kansas. If you've landed here looking for information about my books, visit my author's page by clicking this link: Amazon.com/Linda A. Born. Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, February 7, 2019

The Little Things

I must confess that although I know better, during these dark winter days I have lapsed to discontent with my lot in life. The beginning of a new year is conducive to this kind of sin; we want to do better and accomplish more this year than last. And, for those of us who are older, there is the feeling that we might not have a lot of time left in which to get a move on toward the ephemeral "How I always thought things would be."

It's human tendency to look past treasure that is right in front of us, and I'm no different.  It's an ongoing challenge not to feel panic when my house is a mess, even if there is a precious grandchild standing right in front of me.

But...when I looked back over photos from the last month I was able to let my disorganized closets and unpainted woodwork slip back into their proper places: low on the priority list.  Parenting taught me that precious childhood years don't last very long at all.  I hope I've gained wisdom as a grandparent to enjoy the precious "little things" with whom I've been so blessed in this season of my life!




Pastor Paul teaches our two youngest grandsons during children's time. 


1 comment:

  1. Your "little things" are indeed precious, and are very blessed to have you. 💜

    ReplyDelete