I took a walk this morning and I don't think words can adequately describe the almost spicy scent in the air. It makes me think of a sweetly crisp apple combined with newly mown hay; the air was brisk and cool but the sun was hot on my skin. If I could send you the scent in the air around me as I snapped the photo of the hay bales at right, you'd see what I mean!
For a good portion of this year I've been depressed with grief from having to place my mom into nursing home care, and I've also suffered a variety of minor physical ills. It's good to count my blessings during this harvest time and remember the ways the Lord has brought us through.
The cooler temperatures have spurred me to make a pot of chili for a family celebration this weekend; you can find the recipe by scrolling to the bottom of the post here. Happy Fall y'all!


No comments:
Post a Comment