March 2014: The Children Are Tender

Caregiving, teaching little kids to read, and riding in the pickup with Farmer John; I tweet, pin, and blog, from my home in rural Kansas. If you've landed here looking for information about my books, visit my author's page by clicking this link: Amazon.com/Linda A. Born. Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Blue Skies and Roses

Here are a few more month-of-May impressions from a kind of early morning walk this morning (about 8:30 a.m.--ok, not early):

I record "Farmer Johnisms"--my man does have a way with words.  I'm sorry to report that as we walked along this morning John told me our brush cutter needs to be replaced because it is "...busted, crusted, and rusted."

And, then he looked up and said, "Just look at that sky.  Not a cloud in it.  It goes on forever n' ever."

So I took a photo of that endless blue expanse with a few cottonwood branches to the left for reference:


One more note...there is an old-fashioned rose that blooms in the fencerow by our driveway every year in late May or early June.  As I recall, sometimes the blooms are a paler shade of pink than this year.  We didn't plant this bush; it was here when we moved in 43 years ago.  Just as all of us hope to be, it is hearty and long-lived!  I feel a little doubtful as to whether it is a true wild rose--see how it grows in its own bouquet-shaped clusters?  It has wound into a partially dead tree and is just so lovely.



I've added this photo this evening (May 30). It was taken with the setting sun backlighting the blossoms.  





No comments:

Post a Comment