March 2014: The Children Are Tender

Caregiving, teaching little kids to read, and riding in the pickup with Farmer John; I tweet, pin, and blog, from my home in rural Kansas. If you've landed here looking for information about my books, visit my author's page by clicking this link: Amazon.com/Linda A. Born. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, November 3, 2014

October Review

Despite the spiders (do they KNOW Halloween is coming?) and the small snake that startled our UPS driver when she dropped a package onto our front porch, I enjoyed our October. After a long, dusty summer, the air seemed cleaner and the light more brilliant.  We didn't receive a killing frost until late in the month, and so the leaves held to the trees a bit longer than usual. I love cottonwood trees and have embedded an 11 second video of how the wind turns their leaves to glitter, along with a view down our country road and an October Kansas sunset.  Enjoy!

video
The cottonwood trees from the video clip are visible in this photo. They are the tallest trees with light colored trunks, center/right.



No comments:

Post a Comment