March 2014: The Children Are Tender

Caregiving, teaching little kids to read, and riding in the pickup with Farmer John; I tweet, pin, and blog, from my home in rural Kansas. If you've landed here looking for information about my books, visit my author's page by clicking this link: Amazon.com/Linda A. Born. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Ridiculous!

I don't watch a whole lot of TV (I know, everyone says that), but in my occasional sessions with Food Network or news programs, a relatively new expression has caught my ear:
"Ridiculous!" exclaims a commentator as he tastes a delicacy prepared by a five star chef.

"Ridiculous," says an actor who is being interviewed about filming a movie in New Zealand.  He's gazing at a mountain range behind him as he whispers his assessment of the beauty.  "Just ridiculous!"  
I've come to understand this word is being used to express emotion over something so amazingly delicious or beautiful that no adjectives in the language can adequately describe it.

With these thoughts in mind here are some views of our Kansas skies taken within a mile of the little yellow farmhouse, all pretty much just ridiculous! 

The intersection west of our house is appropriately named Homestead Road

Evening walk with Farmer John

Sunrise over the lake on the hill above our house.


Sunlight through cottonwoods along the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment